GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 668017
Patch for Mac OS integration
Last modified: 2021-06-09 20:46:35 UTC
Created attachment 205364 [details] [review]
OSX integration patch
I have built successfully Planner with the Quartz GDK backend (cf.
I have patched the code for better integration. The patch uses GtkOSXApplication. It does the following:
- configure.in: check whether the target is Quartz and the gtk-mac-integration package is installed. In this case, set the MAC_INTEGRATION et al. variable.
- Makefile.am: take the GTK_MAC_* variables into account.
- autogen.sh: wrapper script useful for compiling with jhbuild. Calls gnome-autogen.sh from gnome-common.
- src/planner-main.c, planner-window.*, planner-*-view.c:
1) move the application menu bar to the top of the screen;
2) use Mac OS standard menu accelerators (e.g. Cmd-O for File > Open instead of F3, Cmd-N instead of Ctrl-N for New project...)
3) connect to the Mac OS signals for opening files (from the Finder) and quitting the application (Cmd-Q).
The changes are protected by "#ifdef MAC_INTEGRATION", so they should have 0 effect on unrelated builds.
The patch is attached, it would be great if you could merge it in the main tree.
In addition, it would also be great if you could distribute or advertise the binary package available on my website. Alternatively, I could also set-up a sourceforge project for "GNOME Panner OSX".
*** Bug 668031 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
-- GitLab Migration Automatic Message --
This bug has been migrated to GNOME's GitLab instance and has been closed from further activity.
You can subscribe and participate further through the new bug through this link to our GitLab instance: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/planner/-/issues/210.