GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 570595
Ripping CDs with multiple artists scatters files in multiple folders
Last modified: 2009-02-05 07:29:47 UTC
This is a usability bug:
When a user rips a CD with one or many artists, the user expects that the CD would end up in one folder (which is easy to copy to other locations).
However, at the current default settings CDs that have many different artists get ripped in such a way, that for each artist a separate folder is made.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Find a CD with multiple artists, e.g.:
Track : Artist : Title
1: Mozart : Symphony in A-dur
2: Bach : Symphony in D-dur
3: Vivaldi : Summer
2. Rip the CD
3. View the folder structure:
- Music/Mozart/Classic Album/1 - Symphony in A-dur.oga
- Music/Bach/Classic Album/2 - Symphony in D-dur.oga
- Music/Vivaldi/Classic Album/3 - Summer.oga
=> One album becomes scattered in several folders
Make sure that one CD is always ripped into one folder. In this example, the files should have gone like this:
- Music/Various Artists/Classic Album/1 - Mozart - Symphony in A-dur.oga
- Music/Various Artists/Classic Album/2 - Bach - Symphony in D-dur.oga
- Music/Various Artists/Classic Album/3 - Vivaldi - Summer.oga
Thanks for the bug report. This particular bug has already been reported into our bug tracking system, but please feel free to report any further bugs you find.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 550491 ***