GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 91365
cannot scroll current image while another is in queue
Last modified: 2004-12-22 21:47:04 UTC
In previous versions of pan, you could scroll through the currently
displayed message with the spacebar, even while another message was being
downloaded in the queue. When the next message in the queue is done
displaying, it would replace the current message.
This is almost the same in pan .13, but not quite. Now if you hit spacebar
while reading a message while another is downloading in the queue, you move
to the next message in the newsgroup, as if you were already at the end of
the current message. You can still scroll via the mouse or scrollbars however.
This is a deviation from past behaviour, and depending on the speed of your
internet connection, and what you are looking at (long message, binaries.*,
whatever) an annoyance.
- go to alt.pr0n.chubby.sheep (or your newsgroup of choice, preferably
with large binary images or long messages (the latter will only really work
if you're on a sloooooow net connection))
- view a message, wait for it to download and display completely
- hit the spacebar to scroll to the bottom of the image/message, and then
hit spacebar again to go to the next message
- the next message will be put in the queue, and the first message will
continue to be displayed
- before that message is downloaded, hit spacebar again to get another
message in the queue
- by this time the 2nd message will be downloaded and displayed. if you
hit spacebar now you *should* scroll on that message, and then scroll "off"
- instead what happens is the message does not scroll and you are popped
to the next message, putting yet another one in the queue.
Hopefully this makes some sort of sense. A similar bug was fixed a couple
of weeks back, this seems to be just an extension of that.
Fixed in cvs for 0.13.3. Thanks...