GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 746485
Website hosting request for Greek GNOME community
Last modified: 2015-11-29 17:58:10 UTC
We would like to migrate our website for Greek GNOME community (http://gnome.gr) to GNOME Infrastructure. I had a conversation with Andrea Veri, so he's informed about the migration of our services.
- Website is runnning on WordPress
- Plugins (they are also in the tarball):
Name Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/name-directory/
We use it as a glossary for our translation team.
Simple Share Buttons Adder https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/
WordPress Database Backup https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-db-backup/
Transifex Stats https://github.com/chrisnash/Transifex-Stats/tree/more_columns
This plugin is not listed on WordPress plugin directory. We use it  to fill the gap between the statistics of freedesktop.org translations, that hosted on Transifex, and the Damned lies παγε .
- Website contents (wp-content folder):
- Database: I emailed Andrea Veri.
Ok, the website has been created and the data (theme, plugins, files) has been imported. A few notes:
1. You can't access the instance until the name servers have been updated (an easy fix for this would be adding an /etc/hosts entry like this: "echo '126.96.36.199 www.gnome.gr gnome.gr' >> /etc/hosts" as root. From there clean the cookies and login to the instance (let me know if a password reset is needed)
2. Given the fact we're using a WP network instance wp-content/upload urls have changed from /wp-content/uploads/YYYY/MM/DD/filename to /wp-content/uploads/sites/7/YYYY/MM/DD/filename. You might want to resource urls if you spot a few 404s.
3. Next step is looking around and see what's still missing but in order to do so you need to access the instance, so again point 1.
Let me know where I can help you further.
(In reply to Andrea Veri from comment #1)
> 1. You can't access the instance until the name servers have been updated
> (an easy fix for this would be adding an /etc/hosts entry like this: "echo
> '188.8.131.52 www.gnome.gr gnome.gr' >> /etc/hosts" as root. From there clean
> the cookies and login to the instance (let me know if a password reset is
Thank you Andrea. Indeed a password reset is needed to login to the instance.
Password has been sent your way. Please review the instance and let me know what else needs doing on that side. Also did you hear anything back from the name servers update?
This should be all done now, passwords have been mailed to Tom and Efstathios. More details about the overall migration are available at https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-infrastructure/2015-March/msg00025.html.
Andrea, I reopen this bug for the planet migration.
I attached the config file and the hackergotchi heads. As a theme use the default one.
If needed feel free to me as an owner/maintainer of the planet, as I would like later to make some changes to the theme (mostly localization).
Planet has been migrated. DNS is now pointing to the new host. Theme is hosted at .