GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 681767
Rework the user list secondary text
Last modified: 2012-08-19 04:59:47 UTC
In order to properly list the users in the user accounts panel we need to make the following changes:
* Show the unix user name as the secondary text for local user. It is
currently possible to have two users be indistinguishable in the list due
to identical display names.
* Show the full remote login-name as the secondary text for non-local users
(ie: user@domain, or Domain/User). This logically represents the login
identity of the user.
Created attachment 221159 [details] [review]
user-accounts: Display the username as secondary text in list
* By displaying the username we get the unix user name for
local accounts, and the full login name for remote accounst.
* Can now differentiate between accounts with the same display
* Can see the full login identity of remote accounts.
Where were those UI changes discussed?
Fixed up the commit message
(In reply to comment #2)
> "accounst" typo.
> Where were those UI changes discussed?
This change was discussed on #gnome-design, and was suggested by designers.