GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 672936
Doesn't remember ftp password despite promising to do so
Last modified: 2015-02-01 14:51:15 UTC
I reported this on Launchpad  and was forwarded upstream.
Steps to reproduce:
1. In Nautilus, select Connect to Server
2. Enter ftp server address, select FTP (with login) as type
3. Enter credentials,
4. select "Remember this password"
7. Do steps 1.-2. again with the same server.
The User name and Password fields remain empty. You have to enter your credentials again if you want to connect.
What I expect to happen:
For the Password field (at the very least) be automatically filled when I enter the associated user name. Better yet, remember and suggest (as default) both the User name and Password used previously.
Alternatively, just use ~/.netrc if that's available and has the credentials (see ).
*  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/963061
*  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/963042
Which version of nautilus please?
jani@saegusa:~$ nautilus --version
GNOME nautilus 3.4.0
This problem happen me too. Nautilus not save passwords for s/ftp.
Arch with Gnome 3.6.3-1.
Cannot reproduce this with latest GNOME.
There was a fix recently for sftp servers, see bug 736311.