GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 672044
Man page for rhythmbox-client should be updated
Last modified: 2013-08-24 05:28:34 UTC
Man page for rhythmbox-client lists several outdated options:
And doesn't contain description for some options:
Should the first list include --quit too, as that one also doesn't seem to work? It (2.96) doesn't print a warning though, either:
jani@saegusa:~$ rhythmbox-client --quit
jani@saegusa:~$ rhythmbox-client --debug --quit
(18:28:03) [0xc97800] [rb_debug_init_match] rb-debug.c:240: Debugging enabled
(18:28:03) [0xc97800] [main] rb-client.c:707: quitting existing instance
Created attachment 229647 [details] [review]
Removed options from rhythmbox-client man page
I checked out the command line parameters and removed the options that weren't working. However I was unable to write descriptions for undocumented parameters as I couldn't trace out their exact behavior. Am only starting out contributing, do point me towards any guidance/resource if you may have about this. Thanks!
Created attachment 229907 [details] [review]
Removed invalid options in rhythmbox-client man page see bug 672044
Fixed commit message.
Can somebody please review this? So I can go ahead and commit to master.
1. Git cloned Rhythmbox from git.gnome.org/rhythmbox
2. Using Ubuntu Raring Ringtail Vagrant box, apt-get build-dep rhythm box
3. Built (./configure, make, make install) Rhythmbox, binary in /usr/local/bin/rhythmbox -> runs successfully.
4. Checked man rhythmbox-client , patch applied removes obsolete options
5. All fine, pushed to master in commit: 2911ec8086782a5aab4005dcca6a636377e26950
Only one glitch though, for committer it says "vagrant@quantal64" even though I have committed from my host machine and _not_ from my vagrant box. If this can be corrected, please let me know.
Please don't commit changes to master without approval from a maintainer.
SO terribly sorry!
1. Can I revert the commit back?
2. Are you the maintainer? If so, please let me know if there are any problems with the commit and how I can fix it asap.
These command line parameters:
- check-running : not working, doesn't print anything even if Rhythmbox is currently running (and playing music, if it matters).
- seek : doesn't work, if I run `rhythmbox-client --seek 3`, the file that's currently playing stops. I have tried this with a variety of seek values. Same behaviour for all of them.
- set-rating : Doesn't work either.
In that case fresh bugs must be filed regarding these issues and this bug must be closed as the main issue is removing of obsolete parameters which indeed has been removed from Git master.
Please confirm on decision of closing bug and filing fresh bugs for other non-working parameters.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/958238 - see updates, --hide & --no-start