GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 671540
RFE: add custom quick search capability
Last modified: 2015-04-29 16:39:01 UTC
Use case: when going through bugzilla folder, I need to filter quickly all bugs related to a specific component, user, etc that is different in every case. The only way to achieve that is Advanced search which is powerful but takes some time to define & apply.
It would be nice if single-condition advanced searches could be remembered as custom quick searches and some keyword in the search field would indicate that string typed to quick search field should be handed to that search field of Advanced search - much like "bookmarks with keyword" in Firefox work:
We already have this. Save the advanced search and select it through the Search menu.
(In reply to comment #1)
> We already have this. Save the advanced search and select it through the
> Search menu.
No, we don't. The saved search invoked via menu does not allow me to use custom per-run keywords.
1) in the advanced search, define new search this way:
Rule name: |Bugzilla Component|
[Specific Header] |X-Bugzilla-Component| [contains] |%s|
2) in the advanced search, a new type of search apperars, probably sort of divided from the others:
( ) Subject or addresses contain
( ) Body contains
( ) Bugzilla Component
Advanced search ...
3) when user selects the "Bugzilla Component" search, text input widget is focused allowing user to type a custom search string
4) when user enters the string (say evolution) and confirms, the string is passed to the %s placeholder in underlying Advanced Search and user gets to the result quickly
5) when user realizes that the bug he is searching for was actually in firefox, he just types "firefox" to the quick search field and he is presented with bz spam related to firefox only
Because of convenience of going from 4) to 5) via quick search, neither search folders nor saved searches are replacement for the feature requested.
Is it clear now what I meant?
Again, if not, try firefox's searches through bookmark with keyword, it's the same concept.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 550796 ***