GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 654201
Wrong track metadata with multiple CD
Last modified: 2011-07-31 22:39:00 UTC
Created attachment 191499 [details]
Calls to MusicBrainz Database
I tried to import a set of 3 CDs (precisely : http://musicbrainz.org/release/22a53348-608f-4f83-af36-9edf8a47655d ).
First CD went fine, but when fetching tracks metadata for the other two, Rhythmbox displayed metadata from CD 1.
In example : when entering CD 3, rhythmbox displays "Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major, Op. 15", part 1, 2 and 3 (which are the first three tracks of CD 1) instead of "Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73", part 1, 2 and 3 (the actual tracks).
Launching from CLI shows that MusicBrainz is prompted a first time for
which returns the correct set of tracks, and a second time for
which returns the complete recording (ie tracks from CD 1, 2 and 3).
My guess is that RB takes metadata from the X first tracks of the second call, which leads to the mentionned error with multiple CD releases.
My version of RB is 2.90.1.git20110610-2, fetched from the Arch Linux repositories. It is the latest version for Arch right now.
To reproduce : buy this wonderfull recording and import it ! ;)
I could reproduce this as well. Basically it's impossible to rip an album that comes from a multiple disc release. I tried with this album: http://musicbrainz.org/release/13ec593a-4d9e-3349-9f26-44d1e34793db
Soundjuicer has a similar problem, see bug 654756.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 652972 ***