GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 632059
Move the introduction of the tutorial in the reference
Last modified: 2010-10-15 16:17:16 UTC
The tutorial should go away, since it contains mostly outdated documentation. Some of the content, though, can be moved to the API reference:
• the introduction and "hello world" example can be added as a separate chapter to the API reference; the examples should be included using XInclude, like we do in GIO.
• the theory of box packing can be slightly edited and moved to the GtkBox long description.
• the details of box packing can be moved to GtkBox as well.
• the details of table packing can be moved to GtkTable.
• some of the examples should be XIncluded into their relative class documentation.
The patch I'm attaching addresses the first point.
Created attachment 172267 [details] [review]
docs: Move the introduction of the tutorial in the reference
The tutorial should just go away, but some of its contents can be moved
to the API reference as chapters.
Review of attachment 172267 [details] [review]:
Great, I like it. Maybe we want to move getting started even earlier (before building and compiling).
Committed, with some modest fixes.
I also extracted some stuff from the boxes and tables sections.
Clearly, we need to grow the tutorial section over time, with more examples.