GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 628749
Epiphany crashes every time when clearing personal data
Last modified: 2010-09-04 02:05:42 UTC
This appears to happen on any distro with Epiphany 2.30. The application will crash when the user attempts to clear personal data from the preferences menu. It does not crash when clearing personal data straight from the Edit menu.
This is what the terminal outputs after the crash:
(epiphany:20121): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `PrefsDialog' to `PdmDialog'
Steps to reproduce:
1) Edit > Preferences > Privacy
2) Click on the Clear button
3) Select which personal data you want cleared
4) Click on the Clear button
5) Application crashes immediately
This method will not crash the application:
1) Edit > Personal Data
2) Select which personal data you want cleared
3) Click on the Clear button
It seems that it only happens if "Saved Passwords" is checked.
In that case, this is a duplicate of this bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=606933
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 606933 ***