After an evaluation, GNOME has moved from Bugzilla to GitLab. Learn more about GitLab.
No new issues can be reported in GNOME Bugzilla anymore.
To report an issue in a GNOME project, go to GNOME GitLab.
Do not go to GNOME Gitlab for: Bluefish, Doxygen, GnuCash, GStreamer, java-gnome, LDTP, NetworkManager, Tomboy.
Bug 624704 - Authentication succeeds during account creation but fails ever after
Authentication succeeds during account creation but fails ever after
Product: Evolution Exchange
Classification: Deprecated
Component: Connector
Other Linux
: Normal normal
: ---
Assigned To: Connector Maintainer
Ximian Connector QA
Depends on:
Reported: 2010-07-19 07:20 UTC by Bart Kemps
Modified: 2013-07-23 14:32 UTC
See Also:
GNOME target: ---
GNOME version: ---

The patch based on evolution-exchange-2.30.2 version (759 bytes, patch)
2010-10-16 01:45 UTC, yanjing.guo
none Details | Review

Description Bart Kemps 2010-07-19 07:20:11 UTC
The last few versions of the connector did not seem to work

1. Open Evolution
2. Create an account of type Microsoft Exchange with details:

  User name:  mycompany\B.Kemps

  Also tried user name B.Kemps, B.Kemps@mycompany, several capitalizations.
  I tried,
  I changed my password to only include A-Za-z0-9
  My username contains a dot. I cannot change that.

2a click "authenticate"
2b type password
2c authentication works here!

  Also tried wrong password to see if validation really takes place.
  It does.

3. Klik Next, Next, Next, Apply

4. An authentication dialog pops up.
4a type password
4b click ok

Folders and mail are shown.

An authentication dialog keeps popping up; step 4 is repeated.
The evolution status bar shows "scanning folders..." and "Error during..." several times
Comment 1 Bart Kemps 2010-07-19 07:21:30 UTC
This occurs using Ubuntu at home, with OpenSuse 11.2 and as of today also with OpenSuse 11.3.
Comment 2 Bart Kemps 2010-07-19 07:26:09 UTC
BtwL Connecting to OWA2003
Comment 3 yanjing.guo 2010-10-16 01:45:30 UTC
Created attachment 172475 [details] [review]
The patch based on evolution-exchange-2.30.2 version
Comment 4 yanjing.guo 2010-10-16 01:48:12 UTC
The root cause is that both libexchange-storage.a and libevolution-exchange-shared.a are built depending on exchange_account_get_type function.

The solution is to change's built dependence.

Please try the patch attached.
Comment 5 André Klapper 2012-09-20 14:51:54 UTC
The "evolution-exchange" package only supports Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers. Newer versions such as Exchange 2007 and 2010 are not supported by "evolution-exchange". It is required to use the package "evolution-ews" (or to some extend "evolution-mapi") for newer version fo Exchange servers.

If the problem/request described in this report still happens with a recent version of "evolution-ews" or "evolution-mapi", please add a comment to this report (and update the "product" setting accordingly if possible).

There are currently no plans to continue the development of the package "evolution-exchange", so this report will soon be closed as WONTFIX.
Thanks for your understanding and sorry that the reported problem was not solved in time in the package "evolution-exchange".
Comment 6 André Klapper 2013-07-23 14:32:09 UTC
evolution-exchange only supports the older Microsoft Exchange server versions 2000 and 2003. The last stable release of evolution-exchange was 3.4.4 which took place a year ago.

evolution-exchange is now deprecated and not under active development anymore.

It is unlikely that there will be any further active development.

Closing this report as WONTFIX as part of Bugzilla Housekeeping.

Please feel free to reopen this bug report in the future if anyone takes the responsibility for active development again.

Also feel free to reopen this ticket and change the "Product" field accordingly if the reported issue still happens with a recent version (newer than version 3.6) of one of those Exchange backends that are still supported.
Please see for more information on available backends.