GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 613831
Automating the paypal donations & gift process & CiviCRM
Last modified: 2013-11-21 14:55:52 UTC
This is a lot of different steps and could be broken down into multiple issues.
We currently accept financial donations via paypal. This involves a lot of steps.
1) Downloading the data from Paypal.
2) Entering it into the Friends of GNOME spreadsheet. http://live.gnome.org/action/AttachFile/GnomeMarketing/Tasks/FriendsOfGNOME?action=AttachFile
3) Blogging about it on the Foundation blog.
4) Entering it into the GNOME Foundation's GNUCash spreadsheet. (I've attached directions on how we currently do it and some ideas for how German thinks we could do it.)
5) Figure out which donors get which gifts, print out address labels.
6) Figure out which donors want their names on the website, add them.
Also as the donations come in, I send thank you notes.
It's also possible we could use CiviCRM to automate the thank you notes, tracking who gets what gifts and printing the labels.
I think the whole process is very manual now, time consuming and probably error prone.
I've attached some info. I can also provide sample data.
Created attachment 157002 [details]
How Rosanna currently enters Paypal info into gnucash
Created attachment 157003 [details]
Ideas German had for getting paypal info into gnucash
The GNOME Infrastructure Team is currently migrating its bug / issue tracker away from Bugzilla to Request Tracker and therefore all the currently open bugs have been closed and marked as OBSOLETE.
The following move will also act as a cleanup for very old and ancient tickets that were still living on Bugzilla. If your issue still hasn't been fixed as of today please report it again on the relevant RT queue.
More details about the available queues you can report the bug against can be found at https://wiki.gnome.org/Sysadmin/RequestTracker.
Thanks for your patience,
the GNOME Infrastructure Team