GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 548716
First text field when adding account (e.g. "Login ID") isn't focused by default
Last modified: 2009-05-30 08:52:17 UTC
Empathy 2.23.6, Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex alpha 3
1. In the Accounts window, click "Add".
2. Choose an account type, and click "Create".
3. Start typing your login ID.
What should happen: The text you typed should appear in the relevant field.
What actually happens: Nothing, because the field isn't focused by default.
Bug still present in master.
Adding the gnome-love keyword.
Should be possible to call gtk_widget_grab_focus() from somewhere generic in the account widget setup stuff.
I fixed the bug.Its want just a gtk_widget_grab_focus() call.
Anyway my branch where these bug is fixed is located at
Thanks a lot for your contribution. Few comments:
You should add a space before the '(' and between parameters.
See http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/ about our conding style conventions.
This comments applies to your other function calls.
- account_widget_setup_widget: remove the 2 blank lines you added
- account_widget_generic_format_param_name, accounts_widget_generic_setup: don't remove this blank line
- accounts_widget_generic_setup: you added trailing spaces
- account_widget_set_default_focus: remove useless blank lines and trailing spaces.
- empathy-account-widget: you introduced trailing spaces as well
- you should add gtk_widget_grab_focus()
I suggest you to use "git diff origin/master..." to see the diff of your patch. Trailing spaces will be displayed in red.
You should also run "make check" to be sure you didn't introduce any coding style regression.
Really sorry about the coding style regressions,this is my first time.
i think i have addressed all your requests.I didn't understand what you meant about gtk_widget_grab_focus() it's already in accounts_dialog_update_account().All the changes are in the same git branch i mentioned above
It is improving... A few more comments to get perfect :)
- You should add space between function parameters: foo (arg1, arg2);
- account_widget_setup_widget() --> you add an extra blank line for no reason.
- Public functions must be in the empathy_ namespace. So account_widget_set_default_focus() should be renamed to empathy_account_widget_set_default_focus().
- Instead of using ugly g_object_get_data(), you can connect the "realize" signal on the widget that should grab focus, and call gtk_widget_grab_focus() in its callback. That signal is emitted on all widgets once it (or a parent) gets added in a top level window. Like that you can also remove the "widget" param of account_widget_set_default_focus(). And you can also remove the "main_widget" param of accounts_widget_generic_setup().
That's all, thanks for your work!
I think it should be ok now.Thanks everyone for the help
Btw the branched location changed.Now is
git clone git://github.com/paranomos/empathy-bug--548716.git
Thanks a lot again
Thanks to you for your contribution. :)
I didn't look at your branch (will let Xavier check it) but note that you shouldn't create a new git repo each time. You should have one and create a new branch for each bug/feature you are working one and keep the master as a clone of origin/master.
thank you so much for your suggestion
As i told you before i am new to all this :)
Great, just a question: Why did you rewrite the GPL header? I see no difference...
Note that usually we create only one repository named "empathy.git", and push all our branches to it. You don't have to create a new repository for each fix.
Yes Guillaume Desmottes told me about the branches.On the second part about the GPL header i don't know why.I don't remember doing such thing.Maybe it was by mistake since I am using gedit to edit the files.
I am really sorry.Never the less I hope the bug is fixed (with the proper way) and everybody is happy :)
I changed that and pushed. Thanks for your contribution!