GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 504191
Autofill does not merge cells
Last modified: 2008-02-21 19:53:38 UTC
Steps to reproduce:
1. merge A1:A2, A3:A4
2. set A1 = 1, A3 = 2
3. select A1:A4 and autofill to A8
4. A5:A6 and A7:A8 become merged and A5 = 3, A7 = 4
4. A5 = 3 and A7 = 4, but A5:A6 and A7:A8 do NOT become merged.
There are a couple of different bugs there.
1. When selecting a1:a4 and drag the little square, you can drag to A8,
but not to A6, for example.
2. Cells do not get merged.
3. In fact, if a5:a6 were merged, they will get unmerged. Even worse, if
a5:a7 are merged, the operation is still allowed.
4. It considers the blank hidden cells (a2, a4) when figuring out how
I have this pretty much under control.
Created attachment 101445 [details] [review]
This patch fixes a good deal of the problems. However, ...
1. It does not fix the gui part.
2. When auto-filling left or up, it will consider the wrong parts of merged
Created attachment 101607 [details] [review]
This patch handles some of the left/up fill problems.
This problem has been fixed in the development version. The fix will be available in the next major software release. Thank you for your bug report.