GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 411247
Use xdg-user-dirs to find music directory
Last modified: 2007-07-25 14:39:39 UTC
At the very least we should use this for the first start dialog. Or not show the first start dialog if this is available.
*** Bug 415338 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
From my dup:
Should add the default Music folder to the filechoosers
As well as the currently selected "Music" folder from the prefs.
You can use http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxdg_2duser_2ddirs to get the
default Music folder for the user
*** Bug 417852 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 85343 [details] [review]
- Remove first time druid
- Check whether the library paths is empty to set a nice default path instead
- Use xdg-user-dirs to give us some nice default library path
- Add the default music directory to the file chooser windows.
Looks fine to me, and seems to work. I'd be happy to have this in trunk, and it would finally let us get rid of the druid. yay!
Ready to commit once the SVN is back online.
My mistake, I had an anon checkout of rhythmbox, so couldn't commit...
2007-04-01 Bastien Nocera <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* widgets/rb-druid.h: Kill the first-time druid
* shell/rb-shell.c: (rb_shell_constructor),
* sources/rb-library-source.c: (rb_library_source_constructor),
(rb_library_source_library_location_cb): Don't run a first time
druid on startup, and setup automatically a music library directory
if the list is empty
* lib/rb-file-helpers.c: (xdg_user_dir_lookup), (rb_music_dir),
Add helper function to get the user's music directory using
* sources/rb-podcast-source.c: (impl_get_config_widget):
* widgets/rb-dialog.c: (rb_file_chooser_new):
Add the default music directory to the filechooser dialogues
*** Bug 458148 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***