GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 333744
ignores Gtk key theme (Ctrl-W always leaves a channel)
Last modified: 2006-03-08 11:08:21 UTC
Please describe the problem:
I have /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme set to Emacs in gconf. In all
Gtk+ text widgets Ctrl+W deletes a word backwards. (This includes the text
entry box in plain xchat). In xchat-gnome Ctrl+W closes the channel window.
Steps to reproduce:
1. open gconf-editor, navigate to /desktop/gnome/interface/ and set
gtk_key_theme to Emacs
2. open xchat-gnome, join a channel
3. type some text, press Ctrl+W
the channel window is closed
the last word in the text entry area should be deleted
Does this happen every time?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 333179 ***
From comments on bug 333179:
You can remap accelerators via the standard gtk method, if you want to take advantage of the emacs key setting.
Translating into concrete instructions for others who stumble on this bug report:
1. open gconf-editor, navigate to /desktop/gnome/interface/
2. enable can_change_accels
3. open xchat-gnome, select the Discussion -> Close menu item (but do not activate it!)
4. press Backspace. The Ctrl+W keybinding is now cleared
5. reset can_change_accels in gconf-editor, if you do not want to accidentally change other keybindings
Now Ctrl+W deletes a word in xchat-gnome and I am happy again.